Thursday, May 14, 2015

#CretiasTreats What a Great Discovery! #rsvineyards



Last Saturday, Don and I were looking for a new place to eat in Bishop Art's District and came upon this eatery. We aren't normally in that area, but had been visiting a couple in old Oak Cliff about vintage post cards. It was very interesting, but I getting increasingly hungry during the conversations. After Don got what he needed, we left in search of a place to eat.



We walked into the wide open glass doors of Cretia's Eatery and Bakery and instantly fell in love with the place. Old antique chairs and tables that didn't match, and vintage glass bakery cases filled with the most yummy pies, cakes, cookies, and candies.



I ordered the quiche of the day and Don ordered what he saw another customer eating!LOL It was a country ham and bacon sandwich with muenster cheese on potato bread and was  absolutely delicious. The quiche went down quickly and I was still hungry, so we shared a humongous slice of German Chocolate Cake! Heavenly!

The wine I chose from their selections was a
2013 Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Chardonnay ($22). 100% Chardonnay, this wine is both creamy and crisp with golden delicious yellow apple, baked pie spices, and a hint of minerality on the long finish. A very nice wine with the quiche and cake.


Enjoy Cretia's Eatery and Bakery! I'm going there the next time I need any baked goods. This is a very busy place with people coming in the whole time we were there getting cakes, slices of pies, ordering food! I wished I had heard of this place sooner. We will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment