Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Last of Sauvignon Blancs to Share


There's a list as long as I am tall of Sauvignon Blancs to choose from around the world including over 150 from California alone! So the nineteen I've tried is just a drop in the barrel!

This spring Don and I went to Savor Dallas at the Dallas Convention Center. I have blogged about that evening, but not all the wine we tasted. Here are a couple of the SB's we tried.


2012 Provenance ($23) is produced in Rutherford, CA. It was exceptionally juicy with ripe tropical flavors and citrus. Wonderful aromas of pineapple, grapefruit, tangerine, honeydew and orange blossom. Hints of French oak spices, with a silky palate and a tangy mango finish.

2013 Fall Creek ($12) from Tow, Texas. I've never blogged about Texas wines or tasted them that I know of. It just doesn't seem right to have wine come from Texas! Anyway, I guess I'd have to say it was okay. It was the first Texas wine to receive a "Best Buy" from Wine Spectator magazine!


2012 Natura Emiliana from Casablanca Valley, Chile. Transparent yellow, hints of lime and grapefruit on the nose, citrus and herb on the palate, a fresh bright pleasing wine.


2012 Ladera ($26) from Napa Valley on Howell Mountain."The 2012 Ladera Sauvignon Blanc expresses refreshing aromas of passion fruit, honeydew melon and spiced pear with underlying notes of lemongrass and citrus zest that add to the wines appeal. The palate is pure and focused with a lively underlying acidity leading to a long and persistent finish." It was excellent! 

Well, that is all of the Sauvignon Blancs I've tasted. Next time I will be sharing Chardonnays!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment