Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Birthday Surprise at The Mansion on Turtle Creek #SaunterWines #RWTurtleCreek

November is almost over and we are all on to the next big holiday, the most important one of the year. This past month was a fast one, with Cullum's 16th birthday, my birthday, substituting ten days in three weeks, visiting Erica, Bryan and Brady and his new baby brother, Beau, in Albuquerque, escaping to Santa Fe with Don, and having the flu, not to mention Thanksgiving and some Christmas shopping online and in stores. 


I wanted to share a great wine that neither of us have ever had before (as with all the wines I share are new to us). Don surprised me on the night of my birthday and took me to the Mansion on Turtle Creek for dinner. It is such a beautiful place, like no other in Dallas.



We sat by the fireplace and there weren't many other couples in this room on a Monday night. Other rooms were being used for private events though.


We had an unbelievable dining experience and the food was amazing. The wine we chose was a 2010 Swagger Cabernet Sauvignon ($55) by Saunter Wines in Napa, CA. The name comes from the noun swagger meaning confidence, pride, or arrogant strut. Saunter Wines claims this is their expression of the pride they have in their work, in every decision, and every implementation. It's what makes them different and sets them apart from average to exceptional. This wine is exactly that. Extremely delicious!



My hubby and me! 


My beautiful Dr. Delphinium roses that lasted nearly two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment