Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Last of Rose's for the Summer #eswines

I know it's past summer, but I never had time to share the many different light roses' I had this summer. Too much else was going on and they were drank at different times. So I thought that I might combine them all in one blog for you. I will probably continue to drink these for sometime. I don't live in a place where we definitely have a winter except according to the calendar. Wearing a coat is something you can go without most of the time.
 These are in no certain order, so here goes!


  1. 2012 Rose Cuvee', Sonoma Valley, Amapola Creek ($20). Don and I have been here twice in the past 4 years for private tastings during his company wine bottling. This is a small boutique winery with a passion for great tasting wine. This bottle is being served at Don's stepmother's home with a evening meal. I mention this one because it goes really well with turkey, so have some at Thanksgiving! 

  2. 2012 Elizabeth Spencer Rose' of Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast ($30). I had this rose' at my daughter's home in California this summer. Look at the peachy pink color of this wine with tart apple, strawberry, and pomelo aromas. It is perfect alone with plenty of weight for food.

  3. 2012 Josefina Rose', Paso Robles, California ($6-that's right, just $5.99), bottled at The San Antonio Winery (but there is no mention of it. It is a Syrah grape that thrives in the warm days and cool nights of Paso Robles. There is no website for Josefina, but I think Trader Joe's sells it. It is semi-dry, fruity, but good for the money! I would definitely buy it again.

  4. Chapoutier Belleruche Rose' 2012 ($16) from Cotes-du-Rhone, Rhone, France. "This wine is a light pink with salmon-pink highlights. It has aromas of red fruits, currants, raspberry and cherry. On the palate, the freshness is well-balanced and round." I purchased this at Bristol Farms in Newport Beach, CA while visiting with my daughter and family.

      5. 2011 Cuvaison Vin Gris of Pinot Noir ($38), Napa Valley. This is not too sweet, well- balanced, and a good one to drink even in December. Check out the You Tube on this vintage by the winemaker!
        6. Chateau d'Esclans Whispering Angel Rose' Provence 2012 ($20). Wine Spectator gave this wine a 90. Strikingly pale pink, fresh and fruity, bone dry on the finish. Natalie and I enjoyed this rose' at Neiman Marcus's Mariposa Restaurant this summer with her girlies. 

        7. Chateau de Berne Rose' 2011 ($26) from France. There is a nice balance of fruit and minerals with a dry finish. You can't go wrong with a rose' from Provence. We finished this off quickly at our friends, Marsha and Neil, this summer when she hosted a dinner at her home.


 I've featured other roses' during the summer because we had visited those wineries. But Amapola Creek and Cuvaison above are the only ones we've been to in this post. I would dearly love to venture across the pond to France and Italy. Maybe someday! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment