Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sharing Chardonnays and Cabernets! #4 #fearingsdallas #joelgott #RedMareWines




When Don Clampitt asks me where my favorite place to eat is, I always say Fearings! He's taken me there several times and I love it every time. I love downtown Dallas, the Ritz-Carlton is beautiful, and Fearings is a place to enjoy that special occasion with someone you love! 

This is my favorite place to sit in Fearings!
I don't always take pictures of the wines we drink there, but I have two that I'd like to share, and one other Cabernet that I had at my daughter's home in Beaumont this past summer.

Don and I keep crossing paths with Dean lately. I ran into the dry cleaners off Lovers Lane not too long ago, and there was Dean. Don jumped out of the car and ran into the dry cleaners with a bottle of wine for him. It's not too often that a chef/restaurant owner/famous guy goes to pick up his cleaning and comes out with a bottle of wine.



We had had the 2012 Wine Label Competition judge's dinner at Fearings back in the Spring of 2012 and Dean was one of the judges himself. What a wonderful time we had in his private room right off the main dining room! The food was fabulous and the paper menus were very elegant. So a year later, Dean finally gets his bottle of Paper Trail....at the cleaners!

Last week I was driving into the parking lot of Tom Thumb on University and Inwood and there's Dean and his son! It's just meant to be that Fearings is my favorite place to eat!

So what did we have at Fearings besides fabulous food, an exceptional wait staff, a gorgeous patio, and a beautiful dining room?

2009 Red Mare Cabernet Sauvignon ($46 avg.)  from Napa Valley. "This wine is a ruby color with aromas of cherry, blackberry, raspberry and oak. It's somewhat balanced and has flavours of cherry, blackberry, raspberry, black currant and cedar with a full body. Round texture - Very nice now and will get much better." It should cost way more than it does.


I ordered a 2011 Joel Gott Unoaked Chardonnay ($17)-Monterrey, Napa, and Sonoma! Vines from all three appellations complement each other. I loved this Chardonnay!

The other Gott wine I wanted to share was one I bought in a little town in Southeast Texas that has just been able to have a liquor store in the last few months. I was visiting my two precious, youngest granddaughters, Rayleigh and Adelyn. We cooked one night and wanted a Cabernet Sauvignon that would go with stuffed bell peppers. 

We found a 2010 Joel Gott "815" Cabernet Sauvignon ($18) and it was simply delicious! I would definitely buy this again! "This wine has aromas of plum, raspberry and cherry cola with hints of anise, cocoa, leather and dried herbs. Bright acidity on the front of the palate leads to a complex mid-palate and soft tannins on the finish. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon."


 Minus the cheese, but ready to bake!


Our dessert! An angel food cake, sliced in crosswise layers, filled with a lemon curd, cream cheese filling, with layers of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries! Yummy!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment