Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sharing Chardonnays! #DiggsTacoShop #dreaming_tree

The other day I was perusing my wine journal I began about six months ago, and realized I've tasted several Chardonnays in those months. I realize a lot of people love Chardonnays and some don't. So if you are one that loves this white wine, then you'll want to keep reading. I will also feature the restaurant in which I tasted the wine. By tasted, I mean "had a glass or two". Now, Don will sometimes order a Chardonnay different than me and let me decide which one I truly want to drink. He knows what I like and then sometimes I totally confuse him by the decision I make! 


Diggs Taco Shop in the Park Cities (Dallas) has the best tacos in town (I think). I order the same thing every time I eat there-one braised free-range chicken taco and one shredded beef taco with cilantro rice and black beans. Their chips and salsa are to die for and the hamburger is sooo delicious! With that order I always ask for a Chardonnay!


This is a 2011 Dreaming Tree Chardonnay, Central Coast ($15). Winemaker's notes-"the fruit jumps out of the glass and reminds you of roasted pear or baked apple pie. Big fruit and brown spices that are backed by a distinct Central Coast citrus note. The entry coats your mouth with these great flavors. Easy to enjoy, this wine will bring the coastal wine adventure right to your home. Delicious on a warm summer night with grilled seafood, seafood-and-chicken paella, fresh fava bean salad, or buttered radishes and smoked salt. 


Check out Diggs and Dreaming Tree Chardonnay! Both great choices!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment