Friday, February 14, 2014

October Winecation Day 5-Time to Say Goodbyes! #LambertBridge

Lambert Bridge had been on my list for two different winecations, and I was determined to get there before we left Sonoma. Family and friends from the bottling had flown back to their hometowns, and all that was left was my daughter, her husband and myself. We had to have one last day of tasting before returning to SoCal where my two oldest granddaughters were waiting for us.

Lambert Bridge Winery


When you drive up to this winery, the colors of fall greet you with open arms. 


The rustic cabin surrounded with old Japanese maples and wisteria yearn for you to enter and taste the artisanal wines they have created at this winery.


Upon entering the doors, you first see and nearly trip over the most gorgeous and biggest dogs I've ever seen! And then you see this tasting room that's so inviting, with a barrel room to the left for private tasting parties, and a huge stone fireplace at the other end.

Princess Bernadette, the sleepy St. Bernard!
Here are the fine wines we tasted!

2010 Dry Creek Zinfandel ($45) has hints of anise and black plums with a very silky finish.
2010 Dry Creek Valley Forchini Vineyards Zinfandel ($55) has dark cherry pie flavors with hints of vanilla.
2008 Sonoma County Merlot ($50) is packed with fruit flavors and sweet spices. This wine can be described as delicious! 
2007 Sonoma County Limited Selection Cabernet Sauvignon ($95) is the LB gem I bought for Don's birthday and hid it for 3 months from him! The winemaker's tasting notes will have you drooling for this fab cab before you even finish reading! Don and I (yes, I got some of it too) love it!

I also tasted the 2007 Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon that is a blend of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Petit Verdot. It was amazing, but I knew the one above was what Don would want.

Here are some of the pics of the inside of this rustic old cabin!


Wylie, the Great Pyrenees (I think!)
Can't wait to return to Lambert Bridge Winery the next time I'm in Sonoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment