Saturday, February 8, 2014

Second Day of October Winecation Tasting Room in Healdsburg #williamsonwines



Williamson Wines is a tasting room located at 134 Matheson Street on the square in Healdsburg, CA. Don and I have been there three times and they have yet to disappoint us with their wines and food pairings! Unfortunately, it was the fifth tasting room for the day and I wasn't in touch with taking all the photos I usually do in the mornings. Wonder why?!

Here's what I have, but I know we tasted more than I indicate on the tasting chart they handed our group.


I know it's hard to read, so I will spell it out for you because these wines are fantastic!


I do have a photo of the first wine we tasted. It's a 2012 Joy Sauvignon Blanc ($28). This wine is crisp with grapefruit and citrus flavors ending with a honeydew in the mouth. A beautiful Sauvignon Blanc!


The next wine was a 2012 Chantilly Chardonnay ($38), an award winning Chardonnay! A light straw color with hints of tangerines, crisp yet full-bodied describes this wine! 
Photo via their website
This wine glass is holding a 2012 Adore Rose' ($28). Adore is a blend of Pinot  Noir and Grenache. "A cranberry aroma and a mouth feel of strawberries-everything a great rose' should be!" We loved it!

Photo via their website
The next pour was a 2012 Passion Pinot Noir ($56)-a dark cranberry color, with a crisp pomegranate and red cherry flavor. Very nice!

Photo via their website
Now this is where I get lost! I know Don loves Cabernet and I know we tasted one, so I'll have to go with the Inspire and the Indulge.

Photo from their website

This 2006 Inspire Cabernet Sauvignon ($85) was a Gold Medal winner in the 2006 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. This is a wonderful dark ruby color with an amazing dark plum flavor

The 2009 Indulge Cabernet ($185) magnum is what Don bought as a donation for the American Heart Association in March. Thanks honey! I hope it brings in lots of money for the cause!


Now for some reason, I took this picture at Williamson Wines and neither Don nor I can remember why. We even tasted it (awesome wine), but no story to tell you! It's a 1997 Penfolds Grange ($500) from Australia. It's a Shiraz and is recognized as the most consistent of the world's great wines. Yes, that's right-two zeros after the 5). I found it a little less on some other websites.

We called it a day and went to eat after this tasting room!

My beautiful daughters!

Don's happy with the choice to go to HBG!




No comments:

Post a Comment