Saturday, October 31, 2015

#PalazzoWine DCC

This past May for Mother's Day, Don treated Gayle and I to the buffet at the Dallas Country Club! I love the Sunday buffet anyway, but this day was wonderful! Moms and their little sons and daughters running around everywhere, grandmas and grandpas being honored on this special day, and pictures taken everywhere you look! It was beautiful inside and out! 


 We dined in Turtle Creek Grill by the fireplace. Gift boxes of scented soaps were given to each mom at the reception area. Food was in every room and hallway elegantly displayed and gracefully served. It's what mothers dream of on this day (not having to cook!) I so appreciated the time of relaxation with Gayle and Don. I would loved to have been with my own daughters, but they live so opposite of each other (STL and BPT) and I can't divide myself in two pieces on one day! So FaceTime helped so much to be able to see them and talk with them and tell them how much I love them and what wonderful mothers they have become!

Aaron Benson, the club sommelier, stopped by the table to share a wine as a surprise for Mother's Day. It was delicious!



2012 Palazzo Cuvee' Blanc ($55), inspired by the great Bordeaux Blancs of France. It is "beautifully balanced and elegant" food wine made predominantly from Semillion grapes with a touch of Sauvignon Blanc (5%). A very "superior food wine".



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment