Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chardonnay Sugar Scrub! Ouch!

We all know that it is a proven fact that a daily glass of wine has health benefits, but do we know how beneficial wine is when applied directly to the skin? I am bound and determined to find out soon!
Last weekend we were at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. This resort boasts a Forbes Five-Star rated, luxurious spa that is out of this world. When I received the itinerary for the trip, I viewed the spa services in the menu online. I found something very interesting other than the typical massage or facial (and let me say that nothing is typical at the Broadmoor). A Chardonnay Sugar Scrub caught my eye! I had never had a sugar scrub, much less one that had Chardonnay in it. I had never even heard of it, but apparently it's not a new thing after I started doing some research. 

I booked my appointment and couldn't wait. The staff wanted me to arrive 20 minutes early to enjoy all the spa has to offer other than my sugar scrub. I arrived, changed, and found the aromatherapy room with relaxing music playing softly in the background. Now, the actual scrub itself was amazing, and made me feel truly pampered. The aroma of the Chardonnay grape seed extract in the oils and sugar scrub were filling the air in the dimly lit room. The warm water of the triple shower heads above me washed away all the free radicals had done to my skin in the past winter months, leaving the oils on my skin. The application of the Chardonnay Wine Therapy readily absorbed into my skin leaving it soft and silky. This was truly an unforgettable experience.



After sitting in the dry sauna for a bit sipping cucumber water, reading a magazine in the Fireside Lounge and viewing the breathtaking mountains in the Mountain View room, I changed back into my clothes and left The Spa. Oh, before I checked out I was sure to purchase a bottle of the Chardonnay Wine Therapy antioxidant body moisturizer as a reminder of what I had just experienced. I headed to the outside fireplace bar where my husband and the rest of the group had gathered for some therapy of their choice. My choice of grape therapy was a glass of......what else, but Chardonnay! Hey, it was all over me from head to toe! Why not drink it now! 

Next post, I share what that Chardonnay was......


No comments:

Post a Comment