Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Oh, the Wonderful April Climate in Colorado!

You know how one always checks the local weather of the destination in which they are about to be traveling? There had been snow in Colorado Springs a few days before we arrived for the Vistage retreat at the Broadmoor. I had packed a couple of jackets to wear over my spring outfits, which was a good thing. The nights were cool and windy, but the days were warm and beautiful.
Some of our friends in this organization had arrived before us and had a jump on relaxing and enjoying this fabulous resort near Cheyenne Mountain. One special couple, Beth and Eric, surprised us by leaving a gift at the front desk. 
Here's what they gave us! I had just had this in a restaurant this past week and loved it! Needless to say, I was very excited and grateful.

Au Bon Climat is known to be rich and creamy and before you know it, the bottle will be drained. I prefer a light and crisp Chardonnay, but I loved this wine. It sells for somewhere in the low $20s, depending on where you purchase it.
This is the sweet note attached to the wine. We did have loads of fun with them and the entire group. I have other wines and stories from this retreat to share next time.

Don't forget: Keep calm and drink wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment