Friday, May 31, 2013

#Bianchi Winery-Paso Robles Wine Day!

Good wine is about great stories and great stories are told the day after. Well, I didn't have time to tell this story last week until I got back to Texas. I was in California visiting my oldest daughter and her family and we decided to take a quick trip over to Paso Robles Wine Country to discover award-winning wines and breathtaking views. We had just missed the WIne Festival that occurs the third weekend in May in Downtown Paso Robles. But that was okay. We had a short festival of our own. My daughter hired a driver for her car and I researched the wineries I wanted to visit. We made it to five wineries in about 3 1/2 hours because we had to get back by the time the girls got home from school. Whew! It was fast but fun!
The first winery we stopped at was Bianchi Winery. The tasting room is set in the estate vineyards with beautiful terraces and a waterfall-fed lake full of carp. They specialize in Zinfandel, Cabernet, and Petite Sirah, but also offer a wide selection of white varietals.

Bianchi Winery
 Their tasting room entrance!

 The staff poured us anything we wanted to taste!

 Beautiful place to have a picnic by their lake!

I bought the Signature Selection, 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Lakeside Ranch ($28) for Don and a Signature Series, 2011 Pinot Grigio, Santa Barbara County($21) for me. The Cab has  "many layers with coffee-berry flavors and a velvety cocoa finish." The Pinot is "marine-influenced producing fruit with exotic floral, kiwi and lichi aromas." It is smooth and yummy!
Next time I will share the second place we stopped, which was on Adelaida Road.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment