4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used the strips-easy to cut in one-inch squares)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour-divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced exotic mushroom blend, such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
|Family will ask for more!!!!!|
Recipe: Serves 4
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken pieces in a zip-lock bag with 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Toss gently to coat.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add wine; cook 1 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add broth, remaining salt and pepper, cooking 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
6. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles and tarragon; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
7. Place about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan shaved cheese.
8. Serve this with the following white wine or one of your choice. I chose Soda Rock Chardonnay because we had been there last summer when we stayed in the Alexander Valley for 10 days.
It sells for $36 a bottle. Enjoy!
Recipe by David Bonom, November 2006