Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wine is Bottled Poetry

My husband recently brought home an Italian-based catalogue for me to browse. The first intriguing thing I came upon was about wine! It prompted me to share my thoughts about journaling the wines we taste and bottle. If you are interested in remembering all the wines you try, you need a journal. Here is what I found in that catalogue.

via Fabriano Boutique
This is the ideal present for the wine lovers out there. Following the instructions carefully, you can remove and save labels from your best bottles of wine and place them into your wine journal. Now, all you have to do is write about it.
This boutique is based in Italy and the papers used to produce their products are Fabriano. Fabriano has been making high-quality papers since the medieval times.

 Art via Marco Marella

This is my current journal given to me by my sister-in-law this past Christmas. I love it so much. The inside is filled with Marco Marella's art and classic quotes about wine. He lives in Venice, Italy and you would love his art. Here is a link to where you can buy this journal in Australia. I couldn't fine the exact one in the states.

Of course, you can always do what most people do to remember the wine they drink! Take a photo of the bottle with your smart phone. But the problem with that is, you can't write down those very important notes about the aroma, the flavor, and the finish. Those of you who love doing things the old way, using paper, well, that never goes out of style! Does it Don?!!!




If you just want to remember when you had that special bottle of wine, you can actually write the date on the cork. We do this all the time and it's fun to go back and read them and see what else you wrote after drinking a bottle of wine! 

via My Cork Collection (and that's not all)

Above all, have fun with wine and record what you taste. You will never remember what it tastes like or what you ate with it once days and months have gone by. It's good to keep a journal of the things you love about the wines you drink!

Cheers and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment