Monday, August 19, 2013

#IWFSAmericas #Dallas #TimothyOulton

Dallas Chapter International Wine and Food Society

I recently came across this "gastronomic organization" in an email from CRAVE DFW. If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, this is one email you need to subscribe to for up-to-date information of all places to dine, what's newly opened or just closed, or anything to do in the area. It's fun to explore and learn about your city and when it's as big as Dallas, you can't keep up with everything like CRAVE DFW does for you!

It is in CRAVE DFW that I found out about IW&FS and the Dallas chapter. I read the article and clicked on the link where I could inquire about joining. Click on the link below to see a You-Tube about the society.

IF&WS

Last night we met a wonderful group of like-minded people that love wine and food. I was fun meeting new friends and seeing some we haven't seen in years (in Don's case). The gathering was held at Timothy Oulton's Design Studio in Dallas.



Timothy Oulton is a top British designer that debuted his collection is Dallas in 2012. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was a yellow submarine in a 5000 gallon fish tank with 300 fish swimming around it. It is a very masculine store, but there are many items I found that I could certainly love in my own home!


For example, this beautiful wrought-iron chandelier and others like it hanging throughout the showroom are some pieces I'd like to own. Some even had crystal chandeliers inside the wrought-iron orb! So unique!


In one corner of this beautiful store is a cafe' where amazing hor d'oeuvres were prepared and bubbly/wine was served. Love the white subway tiles, black slate, and marble everywhere!


Here are the two wines that were served last night. One is a 2009 'One Point Five' Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($73). Aromas and flavors include blackberry, black cherry, chocolate, plum and cedar. I loved this wine more than the second one and it was great!

The bottle on the right is a 2010 Chateau Montelena ($50) from Napa as well! This wine is quite approachable so young, but will definitely improve with additional time in the bottle. I liked it, but not as much as the Shafer.




 We are enjoying our Veuve Clicquot bubbly on the Union Jack Bensington sofa! 


Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment