Wednesday, August 7, 2013

#OakvilleGrocery #Healdsburg #Napa #GreatPlaceforLunch #Rombauervino


Oakville Grocery-Healdsburg



This is one of my favorite places to grab a healthy lunch or snack in Healdsburg. And now I just discovered the fact that there is one in Napa also. I guess the Napa store must have been the first one after looking at the recent renovation video on their website. It is very interesting the way they preserved this building to last another century or more. 
Napa Store since 1881

Healdsburg Store

But if you are ever in either valley, you must go there and eat, drink, pick up foods from their deli to take home for dinner. There are gifts of jellies, jams, nuts, spices, sauces, and anything else you can imagine in this store. There are many wines to select from and even a pastry display with the most amazing cookies and desserts. They can even put together a gift basket for you at whatever price you want to pay.

Pastries

Jars with their logo

This store reminds me of Dean & Deluca, which I love! My oldest daughter took me to D & D in New York City and I've since visited the one in Napa. After doing some research, I've discovered that the founders/owners are one in the same! They have my heart because I love the old look of both stores. It's like walking into the most amazing kitchen ever!

Goodies to buy!
Jams and jellies


Our group had lunch here after tasting wine at C. Donatiello's down the street. We bought a bottle of 2011 Rombauer Chardonnay ($34). There's no one who does it like Rombauer! The original buttery, toasty Chardonnay! I don't normally like a buttery Chardonnay, but this one is good.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment