Thursday, August 15, 2013

#Vinovolo #SanFrancisco #SFO THE Last Wine Tasting of the Winecation! Promise!

Vino Volo



At the San Francisco International Airport, in Terminal 2, there happens to be this most amazing wine bar connected to an equally amazing market that I will blog about after this. I figured once I got to the airport and out of the wine country, there would be no more tastings. I was wrong! While Don returned the rental car, my friends and I found this bar and market right near our gate. How convenient!



I did some research and it turns out that Vino Volo is located in 16 other airports in the U.S. and 1 in Canada. AND one is right here in Dallas at DFW. Either I haven't flown out of the terminal that it is located in, or I'm completely blind!


After ordering food from the market next door, which is seamlessly located in the same room, we sat down in Vino Volo and tasted some wines.


I chose the "Pretty in Pink" flight of Roses'. After all, it was summer and I was traveling back to Dallas!



Here are the wines I tried:

Envolve Winery 2011 Rose' ($33) made of Syrah in Sonoma. This is from the winery that boasts of the former heartthrob of ABC's "Bachelor" (Ben Flajnik)! Great rose'! "This rose' pops out of the glass with bright, red fruit such as raspberry, cherry, and strawberry. On the palate just a touch of sweetness and a lengthy finish."


The Chateau La Gordonne ($27) is a Grenache/Syrah blend from France. "A bright and floral pink with touches of fresh berries and white pepper. Subtle touch of spice and almond with a soft finish."


And last, but not least, was a New Zealand 2011 Tatty Bogler Pinot Noir Rose' ($29). "An alluring rose', with red cherry and strawberry aromas with seductive summer fruit flavors. Crisp and dry on the palate."


 And that's Pretty in Pink, the last tasting of the summer in Sonoma Wine Country!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment