Tuesday, June 4, 2013

3rd Winery #TablasCreekVineyard-#PasoRobles

Tablas Creek

Our next stop was Tablas Creek Vineyards. Now this is my oldest daughter's newest favorite wine. We just had to go there because she needed to buy more of her favs! As you can see, it was a beautiful, cloudless day. Very crisp and chilly, just like I like my wine!



They have a beautiful picnic area also. I think when I was researching wineries to visit today, I purposely chose those in which one can dine for lunch. We packed apples, cheese, parmesan cheese toast, hummus, and a couple of meats to munch on while tasting the wines.

I had this wine shipped to me in Dallas. All the other 10 bottles I bought, I carefully wrapped in bubble wrap, packed them in a box made especially for wine, and checked it as a piece of luggage at the airport. Funny, the only thing I was worried about was whether or not the wine would make it back to Dallas in ten pieces! It did!

Here's what I purchased at Tablas Creek Vineyards!


2011 Marsanne ($27) (100 percent Marsanne grapes) It shows aromas of peaches and cream (my favorite oatmeal), honey and citrus blossom, with flavors of pineapple and mango. No wonder I love wine! I am a fruit lover from the word go! When they talk about all this fruit, I go crazy!

2010 Esprit De Beaucastel Blanc ($36) (This is 60 percent Rousanne grapes.) The nose shows aromas of passion fruit, mango, ginger, asian pear, and herbs. The mouth shows tastes of honey and white tea.

2012 Patelin de Tablas Rose ($18) (Based on the fruit and spice of the Grenache grape). This Rose' has a nose of  wild strawberries, rose petals, and citrus. What woman wouldn't love that!

2012 Vermentino ($24) (100 percent Vermentino grapes brought over from France) Nose-zesty citrusy nose, mouth-hint of tropical fruit with meyer lemon and key limes! (Headed there in July)!

2010 Grenache ($36) (100 percent Grenache grapes) This one has aromas of plums and cola, and tastes like sweet fruit and wild strawberries. 



Now the cool thing about this website is that it offers recipes for each bottle of wine they sell. Talk about easy for the consumer to buy and cook! I'm all there!

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment