Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#CuvaisonEstateWinery #WineAndSpirits #2012WineryoftheYear-Last Summer Series #6

After leaving Calistoga Ranch Resort, we headed down the main road in Napa Valley. On each side of this road are hundreds of wineries. I believe there are over 400 wineries with tasting rooms in Napa, but not every winery has a tasting room. So 400+ wineries! I better get busy if I want to visit each one. This could take the rest of my life! Or if I lived in California, I bet I could see them in half a year, two a day with weekends off! Oh well!

The first tasting room we wanted to try was Cuvaison Estate Winery, Wine and Spirits 2012 Winery of the Year! We didn't know that at the time!

This is the Calistoga Tasting Room in upper Napa Valley on the Silverado Trail. 

They have another tasting room in South Napa on Duhig Road. It looks pretty cool and has gorgeous views of the vineyards.

We purchased the 2009 Brandlin Cabernet Sauvignon ($90) released in the Spring of 2012. It received 92 points from the Wine Advocate, Robert Parker. It's no longer available.

We also bought a 2011 Vin Gris Pinot ($19), a perfect wine for a summer day. 
And last, we bought a 2010 Estate Syrah ($38). It has a "smoky, peppery, jammy nose with blackberry, black cherry and lavender notes. On the palate the wine is silky with spice and round tannins supporting the dense fruit and lively finish."
If you can make it to Napa Valley, visit this winery. I'm sure it won't disappoint!


No comments:

Post a Comment