Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wine Research in a Private Cellar!

It's fun to check out someone else's wine cellar, especially when they are in Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix! Last summer when I was in CA, I visited this home with my oldest daughter and her family. They stay at this particular home while the owner is away on safaris, conferences in France or Canada, or in Monaco for the races. Needless to say, the owner is a close friend of my daughter and son-in-law. In return for staying at this home in Huntington Beach, we sometimes care for the golden retriever and labrador. They are gigantic, but beautiful! I'm not a dog lover, except for my granddogs, but I can deal with these two beauties while I'm there as a guest!

So last summer this wine cellar was just beginning to be built in the garage underneath the staircase which also included a storage. This May when I returned, it was finished and full of amazing wines from all over the world. My daughter and I took several pics of wine bottles and labels so we could research them on the internet. Here's a few of the labels we saw.


From top row left we found:

Schrader T6 2010 Beckstoffer Cabernet Sauvignon-Napa Valley

Chateau Lascombes Margaux 2005 Grand Vin De Bordeaux-France

Joseph Phelps Insignia Vintage 2008 Red Wine-Napa Valley Estate Grown

O'Shaughnessy Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-Napa

Mollydooker Carnival of Love 2011 Syrah/Shiraz

Resalte Crinza 2005-Spain

Robert Craig 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon-Napa Valley

Petalos Bierzo 2009-Spain

Caymus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2006-Napa Valley


I had to judge the wine by it's label because it wasn't my wine to taste. Ugh! But, a least I got an idea of some wines I would like to try and places I'd like to visit to wine taste. All these wines you see above and the ones you can't see are catalogued and if one goes missing, then we would probably be stomped and fermented! 

I can't wait to return in July to see what might be new in the cellar or in this garage.

 To protect the owner's privacy, I've only shown you the emblems on the cars in the garage! And there's another one on the driveway that's an everyday car! What a California Dream!

Thank you D for letting us stay in your home! (And look at the wines, the cars, and etc.)!





No comments:

Post a Comment